On my message board the other day someone posted about all the trials of pregnancy. That served as a good reminder that I could wait awhile before attempting baby #2! 🙂 But then some people also posted spin offs about what was great about pregnancy and having a new baby (these made me ache to be pregnant and have a new baby again!) Here are some of mine:
Best parts of pregnancy:
- How (mostly) everyone is so nice to you!
- Feeling the baby move!
- Having such an intimate connection with the baby. You get to have a relationship with someone who isn’t yet born…it’s pretty awesome… I wonder if God sort of feels this way about us before we are born also?!
- Eating Ice Cream. (Though I’ve resolved, repeatedly, to not do this as much next time!)
- Being infinitely interesting. People (including strangers) always want to know about you, how you’re doing, when you’re due, what you’re having… I think it’s probably because they know how awesome what you’re about to do is!
- Getting to park in “expectant mother parking”.
Best Parts of Mommyhood, so far:
- feeling the weight of her little body rest against mine.
- getting to experience all those “firsts!”
- her smiling at me just because I’m me.
- seeing her try to peek over the crib rail to see if I’m there.
- breastfeeding, for me, has almost always been a very positive experience.
- watching her learn and explore “simple” things has made me appreciate them more.
- feeling pretty darn productive even if “all” i did that day was keep her safe & fed.
- teaching & playing Peekaboo.
- a sense of pride that is so inexplicable
- understanding, a sliver, a tiny bit more, the love that God must have for us. 🙂
There are many many more, but that’s all i got for now. 😉